This blog is a canvas with all of my art pieces posted on it, along with the meaning of each individual piece and what it symbolizes to me. Every picture can have a different meaning, it just depends on the person themselves & how you interpret it.

Realisitc - Wildlife

Baby leopard with it's mother.

This piece was a school assignment where we had to choose an any animal from a magazine to sketch. I choose a picture of a mother Leopard with her child by her side. For myself, this image represents the love and care for others, like your loved-ones and friends. Personally, I really like animal print of various of animals, like cheetah, leopard, zebra, and whatever else you can think of. So this picture was really good for that because it met my needs in what I wanted as my image to sketch. Before sketching the image, I folded the originally image into a grid and did the same to my canvas paper. After having a grid on both papers, I carefully drew what I saw in each box. I did this to make sure I had the correct proportions so it looked more realistic. Then, after that, I  mixed pastels and colored what I saw,  making new shades and creating different textures to give off a realistic look to it. An example of textures I made, were the texture of the fur, creating shadows and different shades.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is very artistic and creative. I love it:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good! I wish I sketch like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you put the bright colours in the background, it definitely reminds me of Africa. Overall the sketch is great :)

    ReplyDelete