This blog is a canvas with all of my art pieces posted on it, along with the meaning of each individual piece and what it symbolizes to me. Every picture can have a different meaning, it just depends on the person themselves & how you interpret it.

Shading - cars


The car I chose to draw is the Pontiac Grand Prix-Reborn. I picked this car because it's my dad's car so it was the first one that came to mind. When drawing it, I first started sketching the basic rectangle shape of the car, and drew lines alligning where the details would be. After that, I just looked at the original photo and sketched what I saw. After doing so, I shading in regions that best suit the car so it adds more depth of the photo rather than a plain outline of the car. Shading in different parts requires you to foreshadow the overall "look" to the car, and how realistic-looking you can make it to be. I shaded in the tires black because they are the darkest thing on the car, then the rest of it was shaded in gray in some areas creating depth. Finally, I added in the details to such areas as the headlights, inside the tire tracks, etc. This photo took a lot of shading and time to complete.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting shading. I'm not very good at shading, or art in general, but these tips make it seem easy.

    ReplyDelete